One really great way to interact with your customers is to include a chat facility to your website. Customers who have a question about your products or service will often be more inclined to use a chat box rather than pick up the phone. It’s a really effective way of connecting with potential customers.
Facebook Messenger is perfect a perfect chat solution. It’s a piece of cake to integrate to your website and costs nothing. And it has such a ridiculously huge reach! Messenger has 1.3 billion users sending 8 billion messages between businesses and people every month.
Our website uses Facebook Messenger and it is proving to be a really useful engagement tool.
Here’s our step by step guide to add Facebook Messenger to your WordPress website.
1) Go to Facebook and open up your business page, then click on Settings.
2) Click on Messenger platform.
3) Click on Customer chat plugin > Jump to Section
4) Click on the Customer chat plugin > Set Up button
5) Select the correct language and after editing your greeting, click Next.
6) Change the colour to match your brand, then click Next.
7) Add your URL in the box including the https:// and click Save. Then copy the code on the right to your clipboard and click Finish.
8) Go to the Admin area of your WordPress website. Go to Plugins > Add New
9) Search for Insert Headers and Footers and then click on Install Now (shown as Active in the screenshot below).
10) Once the plugin has downloaded, the button will change to Activate. Click on Activate.
11) Go to the main admin menu – Settings > Insert Headers and Footers and paste the Facebook Messenger code (on your clipboard) into the Scripts in Footer panel and click Save.
That’s it! You’re done! You should now see a Messenger icon on your website. Doesn’t that look ace?
If you get stuck, please contact us and we’ll be pleased to help.